The purpose of The WFA as set out in the objects contained in the Articles, is to promote and facilitate the playing of Walking Football in England as a unique amateur sport in all parts of England for the purpose of recreation, physical exercise and competition.
The stated mission of the Walking Football Association is “To raise the profile of Walking Football in England as a unique amateur sport. To promote participation in the sport, in doing so, inspiring activity, seeking to have an impact on physical and mental wellbeing and maintaining a high standard of competitive play. Ultimately leading to success on the national and international stage.” Read more.
- Launched in December 2016
- The only National Governing Body (NGB) for Walking Football in England
- Inspiring safe & social activity
- Run by active passionate playing WF aficionados
- Registered as a “not-for-profit” Company
- Signed up to the SRA Voluntary Code of Governance
- Key priorities include the eradication of running and the reduction of the over physicality currently in the sport, and the establishment of specialist WFA referees
- Founder members of FIWFA, the sport’s international governing body